Archer - Sales Engineer
Primary Location: Tokyo, Japan
Are you currently an employee with RSA?
To view available job opportunities please login to UKG. Once in UKG go to Myself > My Company > View Opportunities.
We’ve made it easy for you to get started! Our new recruiting solution uses single sign-on, so you already have a presence (candidate record). Your presence is your chance to show your personality and skills, apply for jobs, and highlight all the qualifications that make you the perfect fit for that next big opportunity.
Don’t miss out on your next great job adventure!
Archer - Sales Engineer - Tokyo, Japan (remote)
Archer is a leading provider of integrated risk management (IRM) solutions that enable customers to improve strategic decision-making and operational resilience with a modern technology platform that supports qualitative and quantitative analysis driven by both business and IT impacts. As true pioneers in GRC software, Archer remains solely dedicated to helping customers manage risk and compliance domains, from traditional operational risk to emerging issues such as ESG. With over 20 years in the risk management industry, the Archer customer base represents one of the largest pure risk management communities globally, with more than 1,200 customers including more than 50% of the Fortune 500. Learn more at www.ArcherIRM.com.
Do you have a passion for Integrated Risk Management (IRM) and GRC, and have great insights about the needs of organisations in your part of the world? Do you see the potential for Integrated Risk Management to be a true business differentiator? Do you have a passion for identifying, maturing and closing new business opportunities?
Why not join our team of successful Archer Sales Engineers for the Integrated Risk solution that is rated as a leader in every Gartner Magic Quadrant on the topic.
We are currently seeking an Archer Sales Engineer to join our passionate, inclusive and high performing family. This is a chance to make your mark grow with a team that has been doing so for many years.
The Sales Engineer (SE) is responsible for understanding the customer’s needs and positioning Archer as the solution of choice. The SE is the Risk domain expert for supporting the Archer sales team with complete responsibility for owning the technology relationship and securing the ‘tech win’.
Our field sales professionals rely on proactive technical support during the sales process for business development and existing account management – and our expert Sales Engineering team always steps up to the mark. Partnering with field sales, the SE assists in driving new business from prospective and existing customer accounts within their respective primary region, and meeting and/or exceeding the sales quotas to achieve revenue goals. We lead the development and implementation of complex and specialised products, applications, services and solutions and ensure customers get the innovative, relevant, interoperable solutions they need.
- This position will organise, plan, direct, and coordinate all aspects of the technical pre-sales engagement for prospective and expansion within existing clients. Participation in sales planning, sales calls and customer engagements to gather and explore requirements. Explain and articulate the value proposition of Archer including use cases, and integration with existing customer systems of record.
- Provide strong business process consulting in the pre-sales phases of the sales cycle and command of the technical closure with each opportunity. This entails analysing customer business requirements; offering prospects guidance and advice during product demonstrations, presentations, and proof-of-concepts (PoC’s) to identify potential solutions and aiming to secure the ‘tech win’ at every opportunity for new business and growth of existing accounts.
- Support Bids & Proposals in our response to Request for Information/Proposals (RFI’s/RFP’s or RFx’s)
- Conduct and lead customer evaluations including Proof-of-Concepts (PoC’s). Own the technical relationship with the customer throughout the presales process and ensure that Archer wins in evaluations where there is a good fit between their business requirements and our solution offering.
- Provide enablement and support of the wider SE community and local partners - participating in the delivery of technical enablement sessions for partners such as product updates; alongside the formal education courses and training already provided to partners.
- Maintain full knowledge and hands-on proficiency with Archer and major competitor’s product lines.
- Communicate customer feedback into future product enhancements. Participate in local User Groups and Product Management working groups with customers.
- Work with internal or partner Professional Services (PS) counterparts to evaluate functional requirements/specifications and provide input for preparing project statement-of-work documents in support of quotations as well as contributing to develop detailed installations or system integration plans and formal handover from pre-sales to post-sales project teams.
- Travel up to 50% to client locations for demonstrations and presentations – primarily within Japan
- Travel to other locations may be required from time-to-time to support Company, Customer & Team engagements
- Proven ability to successfully navigate and relate to varying levels of functional and technical personnel within customers and prospects. Ability to prioritise and manage tasks in support of multiple sales team members, customers and prospects.
- Skilled in the identification of innovative solutions to complex situations that differentiate in the eyes of the customer. Able to identify the requirements to ensure technical closure of a sale and a track record of assisting the sales teams in removing barriers and closure of opportunities.
- Expertise in analysing, designing, and recommending approaches to implementing customer or prospects management processes (delivering sales demos, leading sales workshops, configuring quality proof-of-concepts, supporting RFx’s and training delivery).
- Ability to act independently as well as the ability to work across multiple teams within the organisation.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills. Fluent English essential in addition to local language.
- Strong knowledge of current regulations and industry standards such as GDPR, PCI, ISO, COSO, NIST, etc.
- Solid understanding of system integration approaches utilising XML, database queries, and web service technology and proficiency with Windows.
- Demonstrable related work experience in IRM or GRC role (or similar discipline
- Experience working in support of sales, software consulting, presales engineering or similar is highly desirable.
- CRISC, CRMA, CGEIT, GRCP, CISSP, CISA, IAPP CIPP, CIPM or similar certifications highly desirable.
- Knowledge of existing GRC/IRM tools (Archer Suite/other) preferred
- Exhibits a broad base knowledge of multiple or related industries as well as an acute business understanding
- Leverages appropriate internal people and teams to support the selling and customer care processes in the enterprise/client space
- Articulates to customers how our client products and services integrate with enterprise products and services
- Stays abreast of current industry trends and how our customers are being impacted, and what that means for us
Education and Experience
- Typically requires 5+ years of related experience in a relationship selling role with a Bachelor’s degree
Archer is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and applicants for employment and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at Archer are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, protected veteran status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. Archer will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training. All Archer employees are expected to support this policy and contribute to an environment of equal opportunity.
If you need a reasonable accommodation during the application process, please contact email@example.com. All employees must be legally authorized to work in the US. Archer participates in E-Verify. Archer and its approved consultants will never ask you for a fee to process or consider your application for a career with Archer. Archer reserves the right to amend or withdraw any job posting at any time, including prior to the advertised closing date.
Job ID: ARCHE004831