RSA Software Engineer
Primary Location: Reston, Virginia
Additional Location(s): Reston, Virginia
RSA Software Engineer
RSA oﬀers mission-driven security solutions that provide organizations with a uniﬁed approach to managing digital risk that hinges on integrated visibility, automated insights and coordinated actions. RSA solutions are designed to eﬀectively detect and respond to advanced attacks; manage user access control; and reduce business risk, fraud and cybercrime. RSA protects millions of users around the world and helps more than 90 percent of the Fortune 500 companies, and every branch of the U.S. federal government, thrive and continuously adapt to transformational change. For more information, go to rsa.com.
The Software Engineering team delivers next-generation application enhancements and new products for a changing world. Working at the cutting edge, we design and develop software for platforms, peripherals, applications and diagnostics — all with the most advanced technologies, tools, software engineering methodologies and the collaboration of internal and external partners.
Join us as a Software Engineer Engineering Development on our Engineering Development team in Reston, VA to do the best work of your career and make a profound social impact.
What you’ll achieve
As a Software Engineer, you will be responsible for developing sophisticated systems and software basis the customer’s business goals, needs and general business environment creating software solutions.
• Participate in the preparation, review and evaluation of software/storage requirements and specifications
• Prepare written specifications for tasks of varied complexity from verbal requirements
• Use defined software lifecycle methodologies
• Review and implement test strategies for software products
- 2-5 years of Software development experience
- Ability to code/debug moderately sophisticated programs using design specifications
- Knowledge of software architectures and applications, good understanding of Object Oriented concepts.
- Development experience using C/C++ programing, Boost C++ libraries, RestAPI, Data Structures, Design Patterns
- Experience working in Linux/Unix environments.
- Familiar with Software Configuration Management tools
- Familiar with developer testing practices and understands the differences between unit, functional, and system tests
- May be familiar with CI/CD environment where build & test is automated. Should have working experience in tools like Maven, Jenkins, Bamboo etc.
- Familiar with test-driven development
- Experience in Azure and AWS Development and Deployment, Active Directory, Containerization is desirable
Understanding of security fundamentals (e.g., authentication, cryptography) is desirable.
- Understanding and usage of C++ frameworks like Boost libraries and C++ Unit testing frameworks
- Ability to speak and write clearly in a variety of communication settings and styles
- Good analysis, critical thinking and problem solving skills
- Ability to quickly learn and apply new concepts or principles
- Ability to work effectively as part of global team
• Bachelor’s degree
RSA is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at RSA are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. RSA will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. RSA encourages applicants of all ages.
Job ID: R109027