RSA Cloud Architect
Primary Location: Reston, Virginia
Additional Location(s): Reston, Virginia
Location - Reston, Virginia
RSA oﬀers mission-driven security solutions that provide organizations with a uniﬁed approach to managing digital risk that hinges on integrated visibility, automated insights and coordinated actions. RSA solutions are designed to eﬀectively detect and respond to advanced attacks; manage user access control; and reduce business risk, fraud and cybercrime. RSA protects millions of users around the world and helps more than 90 percent of the Fortune 500 companies, and every branch of the U.S. federal government, thrive and continuously adapt to transformational change. For more information, go to rsa.com.
The RSA NetWitness team is seeking a passionate and seasoned architect with experience designing and developing cloud-native applications to help us build the next version of RSA NetWitness. The candidate will be working on a product that organizations worldwide depend on to detect, investigate, and take targeted action against tomorrow's most sophisticated cyber-attacks. The candidate's work will help security operations centers across the planet protect their organizations.
The ideal candidate will learn and adapt quickly and should be comfortable working in a dynamic and changing environment with minimal oversight. The candidate will be expected to take a goal state and determine the best possible approach to success. This will require the candidate to learn the technical intricacies quickly and successfully educate and influence the Engineering teams on the proposed solution. A successful candidate will be a self-starter with excellent time management skills and a proven ability to influence others to achieve results.
- Work closely with product management and engineering teams to design and build scalable, reliable and highly available solutions
- Develop prototypes to prove out new technology and validate use-cases
- Assess the risks and costs of architecture designs and make the necessary adjustments to meet RSA's objectives
- Drive and consult on the adoption of new technology
- Mentor and help develop architecture and engineering talent
- Create detailed document and diagrams of all work for use throughout the organization
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills including group, leadership, and executive presentations
- At least 7 years related work experience in designing, building and deploying large scale cloud platforms
- At least one compiled (e.g., Go, Java, C++) and one scripting (e.g., Node, Python, Ruby) language
- Experience with containerization (e.g., Docker) and orchestration (e.g., Kubernetes, Docker Swarm, Cloudify)
- Familiar with AWS cloud-native services (e.g., AWS IoT, S3, Lambda, DynamoDB, Kinesis Stream, SQS, SNS)
- Experience utilizing progressive design patterns that make use of serverless technologies, dynamic scaling, event models, and platform services
- Implementation knowledge of engineering practices across the phases of SDL
- Experience building and maintaining a continuous delivery pipeline for a microservices architecture
- Understanding of AWS IAM, AWS Cognito, OAuth, SAML, and distributed application security in general
- Experience with ETL architectures, data movement technologies, and data ingest solutions
- AWS Certified Solutions Architect and AWS Certified Developer certification a plus
- Experience in the security field a plus
What We Can Offer You
- The chance to see your work in action fighting today's most advanced cyber threats
- Highly competitive compensation and generous health benefits
- Tuition reimbursement
- Flexible work schedule to accommodate home obligations
- Generous PTO and 6-week parental leave
RSA is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at RSA are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. RSA will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. RSA encourages applicants of all ages.
Job ID: R074289