NetWitness Release Train Engineer
Primary Location: Reston, Virginia
NetWitness Release Train Engineer
As one of the most established cybersecurity companies in the world, we at NetWitness are hard at work every day helping our customers and partners better protect their organizations from cyberattacks. Our products and incident response services are used within most large enterprises, governments and militaries for incident response and threat hunting. Our Sales Professionals, Sales Engineers and Professional Services Consultants design and deliver solutions for potential and existing customers to enable better visibility, insight and action to prevent and defend against attacks. NetWitness provides the unique ability to provide one single platform with a unified view across all attack surfaces including Network, Logs/SIEM, Endpoint and IoT combined with our AI-based User and Entity Behavioral Analysis (UEBA) and Security, Orchestration, Automation & Response (SOAR) capabilities.
We are looking for a Release Train Engineer (RTE) to join our NetWitness team in Reston, VA. If you are ready to take ownership of ambitious and ground-breaking technical programs, this is your opportunity to develop with NetWitness. Candidates for this position should be focused and accountable with a desire for a challenging and rewarding growth opportunity. As a core team leader, the Release Train Engineer guides processes and execution, escalates impediments, manages risk, and promotes continuous improvement at the system level.
- Become an integrated member of the team focused on delivering incremental customer value via a release train model
- Drive train-level continuous improvement via Inspect & Adapt workshops and constant demonstration of a Kaizen mindset
- Work with Product Managers and Product Owners to align business strategy and PI execution
- Provide daily leadership and coaching to scrum masters, team members, in the successful adoption and application of scaled agile practices
- Drive the Product Owners, Product Managers, Scrum teams to facilitate release planning preparedness (definition, grooming, scoping) to ensure that each release train has an actionable, prioritized backlog
- Ensure that the Program has high visibility and understanding of the critical data for the release train – dependencies, issues and risks, Inspect & Adapt plans, train-level metrics, etc. and communicates appropriately
- Define and publish the team’s PI objectives
- Lead Scrum of Scrums meetings
- Facilitate team collaboration with Technical Lead and System Architect to ensure high quality technical delivery
- Participate in Portfolio and Program Management process improvement and standardization activities
- Act as a role model and change agent from traditional project manager/program manager to Agile servant-leader
- Proven ability to deliver software features iteratively and reliably, at scale.
- Solid understanding of agile development processes (e.g. Scrum, Kanban), including quality and testing best practices
- Outstanding influencing & communication skills
- Desire to work collaboratively with Agile teams and their stakeholders
- Solid servant-leadership skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Proven decision-making and problem-solving skills
Education & Experience:
- Bachelors (Technical preferred)
- Basic Scrum Master certification (e.g. CSM, PSM I), plus advanced Scrum Master training
- SAFe RTE/SPC certification or similar
- Coaching certification (desirable)
- 8+ years experience as a project/program manager and Scrum Master with dedicated teams or agile coaching which includes 1-3 years of Release Train Engineer experience
- Excellent organization skills
- Used agile skills to guide teams to produce complex software products
RSA is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and applicants for employment and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at RSA are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, protected veteran status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. RSA will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training. All RSA employees are expected to support this policy and contribute to an environment of equal opportunity.
If you need a reasonable accommodation during the application process, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org. All employees must be legally authorized to work in the US. RSA participates in E-Verify. RSA and its approved consultants will never ask you for a fee to process or consider your application for a career with RSA. RSA reserves the right to amend or withdraw any job posting at any time, including prior to the advertised closing date.Job ID: SRADV003387