Archer Site Reliability Engineer
Primary Location: Overland Park, Kansas; Remote
Archer Site Reliability Engineer
Archer is the industry-leading vendor of enterprise software for governance, risk management, and compliance (GRC). Over a thousand customers worldwide harness the Archer GRC platform and its comprehensive suite of solutions to automate the compliance process, meet their risk objectives, and optimize business.
Archer's goal is to deliver value to customers as rapidly as possible. To support this, we are increasing the efficiency and speed of software engineering and deployment. We are adding staff to our cloud operations team to support transformation of our Development and Operations teams. This is an exciting opportunity for an engineer who has a passion for enabling rapid deployment pipelines and working with cloud infrastructure.
You will have an opportunity to support Archer’s ongoing large scale AWS cloud initiatives. This will involve you working closely with skilled Development and Operations teams, using your experience to ensure that all needs are met as part of code and infrastructure deployment.
You will be expected to understand the needs of software development, operations, and security teams. You will be learning the products, providing guidance to other service teams, and ensuring DevOps Methodologies are followed while building out our application platform.
- Supporting our cloud technologies and services, including product/system outages, customer requests, and on call activities
- Monitoring and maintaining our cloud infrastructure and services
- Building, refining and improving infrastructure and configuration as code
- Supporting a primarily Windows based architecture and Active Directory
- Implementing and testing high availability and disaster recovery scenarios
- Writing scripts and/or code to automate and solve operational problems with software engineering solutions (e.g. PowerShell, Python, Go)
- Tracking, reporting, and controlling the status of system and resource conditions, software, documentation, and infrastructure changes
- Working with development teams and providing guidance on how to build and architect cloud native features and services
- Providing support to existing customers, potential customers, and internal stakeholders
- Troubleshooting and remediating issues across infrastructure and services, build and implement remediation plans
- Maintaining and building configuration automation frameworks to prevent drift
Education & Experience:
- 3+ years experience in software engineering or product operations role
- 2+ years working experience with cloud based infrastructure (AWS)
- Strong knowledge of Windows Server
- Experience with modern monitoring solutions, Datadog preferred
- Experience with CI/CD tools (e.g. GitLab CI, Jenkins, AWS Developer Tools)
- Experience with configuration and orchestration tools (e.g. Terraform, Chef, CloudFormation)
- Software Development experience with a high- level language and associated IDEs and Version Control Systems (e.g. PowerShell, Golang, Python, C#, VS Code, GitLab)
- Understanding of a SaaS application stack and associated technologies (Network, OS, Web, App, DB, Storage)
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills
- BS in CS, IT, or related field or equivalent work experience
- Skilled in developing new deployment pipelines and processes from scratch
- Experience with SaaS services that have migrated to cloud environments
- Ability to build and operate highly available and reliable production systems in the cloud
- Deep understanding of AWS tool suites and capabilities
- Focused on security as a top-level concern throughout the system
- Familiar with compliance requirements in highly regulated industries
- Understands how to use data to make decisions and discover information about the system
- Communicates effectively with both technical and less-technical team members
- Ability to operate in high-stress situations like outages
- Compassionate and empathetic when communicating with customers in order to deliver a pleasant experience
- Understands the need for managing change in a system
- Seeks out opportunities to improve the system and make positive changes
- Focused on continuous documentation and delivery of information in an easily consumable form.
RSA is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and applicants for employment and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at RSA are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, protected veteran status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. RSA will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training. All RSA employees are expected to support this policy and contribute to an environment of equal opportunity.
If you need a reasonable accommodation during the application process, please contact email@example.com. All employees must be legally authorized to work in the US. RSA participates in E-Verify. RSA and its approved consultants will never ask you for a fee to process or consider your application for a career with RSA. RSA reserves the right to amend or withdraw any job posting at any time, including prior to the advertised closing date.