Technical Support Engineer 2 - SecurID
Primary Location: New Cairo, Egypt
Technical Support Engineer 2 - SecurID
As organizations across the globe transform to meet the rapidly evolving demands of the post-pandemic world, cybersecurity has become the bedrock of today’s digital economy. Nowhere is this more critical than in securing the identities of the employees, external users, and customers that drive the modern digital business. RSA SecurID is the most recognized and trusted brand in Identity Assurance with more than 12,000 customers, including 90% of the Fortune 500. For over 35 years, SecurID has pioneered many of the encryption, authentication and identity federation technologies that still power the Internet today. And now SecurID is transforming the industry yet again, paving the way for the future of digital Identity through next-generation SaaS-powered Identity Assurance and a frictionless, mobile-optimized experience for the modern workforce. If you are a self-motivated entrepreneur looking for a fast-paced challenge doing something that truly matters, come join our winning team!
- Acts as a remote customer advocate to champion specific customer needs in collaboration with field team
- Interfaces directly with customers at different stages of problem resolution process including understanding issues customers are facing,
- Communicating plans for resolution, explaining developments, and conveying resolutio
- Participating in and leads conference calls with customers Knows their audience and articulate accordingly
- Participates in eServices content creation (self-service) and maintenance such as Knowledgebase content, Support forums, etc.; regularly submits content to the knowledge database
- Validates technical information and issues early warning and disseminates information as needed
- Assesses when it is necessary to engage or escalate to more senior resources to resolve more complex issues
- Manages own schedule of cases, which includes determining priority levels and negotiating and setting expectations with customers
- As a 24x7x365 organization, shift work, holidays, weekends and on-call responsibilities may be required
- Works toward becoming subject matter expert in a particular area or areas
- Applies systems analysis techniques and procedures to determine hardware or software systems functionality
- Contributes and develops knowledge-based articles; may perform senior or expert level tasks for assigned products and skills; prepares articles for other TSEs and/or customers regarding technical solutions.
- Mentors and/or coaches less experienced TSEs, Helps develop and participate in presentations and informal training for other TSEs
- Responsible for sharing all acquired knowledge concerning problem resolutions; leads efforts in facilitating problem re-creation and failure analysis systems level issues.
- Contributes to centralized problem identification and resolution databases; may have senior level tasks similar to Engineering for assigned product and skills.
- Excellent customer communication and handling skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Excellent problem solving & logical thinking
- Ability to work under pressure
- Ability to work within a Team.
- Flexibility in handling business needs
- Self-motivated and self-learner
- Ability to work on rotational shift basis
- Excellent knowledge of information and network security fundamentals.
- SQL Language knowledge
- Active Directory Administration Fundamentals
- Hands-on knowledge of Linux, Network protocols and Web-based applications
- One or more of the below skills is a huge plus:
- Microsoft Internet Information Services (IIS) troubleshooting and/or administration
- API or SDK troubleshooting and/or administration
- Storage Technologies troubleshooting and/or administration
- Hardware troubleshooting and/or administration
- CISSP, CEH, OSSP or similar security certification is a plus.
- Bachelors in IT, Communications or Computer Science
- 2+ years of relevant experience
RSA is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and applicants for employment and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, and any other category protected by applicable country law.
If you need a reasonable accommodation during the application process, please contact the RSA Talent Acquisition Team at firstname.lastname@example.org. RSA and its approved consultants will never ask you for a fee to process or consider your application for a career with RSA. RSA reserves the right to amend or withdraw any job posting at any time, including prior to the advertised closing date.Job ID: TECHN003755