Archer - Software Principal Engineer
Primary Location: New Cairo, Egypt
Are you currently an employee with RSA?
To view available job opportunities please login to UKG. Once in UKG go to Myself > My Company > View Opportunities.
We’ve made it easy for you to get started! Our new recruiting solution uses single sign-on, so you already have a presence (candidate record). Your presence is your chance to show your personality and skills, apply for jobs, and highlight all the qualifications that make you the perfect fit for that next big opportunity.
Don’t miss out on your next great job adventure!
Archer - Software Principal Engineer
Archer is a leading provider of integrated risk management (IRM) solutions that enable customers to improve strategic decision-making and operational resilience with a modern technology platform that supports qualitative and quantitative analysis driven by both business and IT impacts. As true pioneers in GRC software, Archer remains solely dedicated to helping customers manage risk and compliance domains, from traditional operational risk to emerging issues such as ESG. With over 20 years in the risk management industry, the Archer customer base represents one of the largest pure risk management communities globally, with more than 1,200 customers including more than 50% of the Fortune 500. Learn more at www.ArcherIRM.com.
We are seeking a passionate, self-motivated Principal Software Engineer to join our Engineering team in Cairo. You will need to have proven hands-on experience in root cause analysis, Software development, and testing. You will be joining a top-notch, agile team of developers who thrive on collaboration, open communication, and tackling hard engineering problems. As a member of our team, you will be involved in all aspects of software development – refining product requirements, design and development, testing, and ensuring customer success.
- Mentor and guide junior engineers, providing technical leadership, code reviews, and best practices to ensure the delivery of high-quality, well-architected code.
- Responsible for writing and debugging complex SQL.
- Work independently to drive issue remediation for critical customer escalations.
- Assess, diagnose, prioritize, and resolve critical customer issues, meeting defined SLAs.
- Apply agile scrum and Kanban practices for continuous engineering.
- Understand and apply continuous engineering best practices and quality standards.
- Strong problem-solving and debugging skills, with the ability to analyze complex technical issues and propose effective solutions.
- Ability to estimate work in sufficient granularity to ensure accuracy and transparency.
- SQL Server or other relational DB experience.
- GitLab development, build pipeline, and source code management tools.
- Agile scrum and Kanban.
- AWS development and maintenance.
- Background in multi-tiered enterprise applications.
- Problem solving and trouble-shooting skills.
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, Engineering, or a related field.
- 7+ years of experience in software engineering.
- Strong CS fundamentals, including data structures and algorithms.
- Familiar with MSSQL Server Always On feature.
- Familiar with CI/CD best practices and eager to drive all test automation and CI/CD test efforts.
- AWS Certification a plus.
RSA is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and applicants for employment and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, and any other category protected by applicable country law.
If you need a reasonable accommodation during the application process, please contact the RSA Talent Acquisition Team at firstname.lastname@example.org. RSA and its approved consultants will never ask you for a fee to process or consider your application for a career with RSA. RSA reserves the right to amend or withdraw any job posting at any time, including prior to the advertised closing date.Job ID: ARCHE004812