Archer - Principal Database Engineer
Primary Location: New Cairo, Egypt
Are you currently an employee with RSA?
To view available job opportunities please login to UKG. Once in UKG go to Myself > My Company > View Opportunities.
We’ve made it easy for you to get started! Our new recruiting solution uses single sign-on, so you already have a presence (candidate record). Your presence is your chance to show your personality and skills, apply for jobs, and highlight all the qualifications that make you the perfect fit for that next big opportunity.
Don’t miss out on your next great job adventure!
Archer - Principal Database Engineer
Archer is a leading provider of integrated risk management (IRM) solutions that enable customers to improve strategic decision-making and operational resilience with a modern technology platform that supports qualitative and quantitative analysis driven by both business and IT impacts. As true pioneers in GRC software, Archer remains solely dedicated to helping customers manage risk and compliance domains, from traditional operational risk to emerging issues such as ESG. With over 20 years in the risk management industry, the Archer customer base represents one of the largest pure risk management communities globally, with more than 1,200 customers including more than 50% of the Fortune 500. Learn more at www.ArcherIRM.com.
We are seeking a passionate, self-motivated Principal Software Engineer to join our Engineering team in Cairo. You will need to have proven hands-on experience designing and implementing database schema and stored procedures for complex enterprise applications. You will be joining a top-notch, agile team of developers who thrive on collaboration, open communication, tackling hard engineering problems. As a senior member of our team, you will be involved in all aspects of software development – refining product requirements, design and development, testing, mentorship, and ensuring customer success.
- Design, implement, and unit test database schema and procedures for features for enterprise web applications.
- Maintain and enhance the performance of existing database programs.
- Responsible for writing and debugging complex SQL.
- Troubleshoot and resolve customer database-related issues in a timely manner.
- Perform debugging procedures on database scripts and programs, as well as resolving conflicts.
- Work closely with cross-functional teams such as feature teams, product management, SaaS Ops to deliver well thought-out, high-quality solutions.
- Write documentation, including functional and technical specifications.
- Mentor junior engineers and perform script, stored procedure and query reviews.
- Take part in regular agile team activities such as scrums and sprint planning meetings.
- Instill best practices in database usage and design.
- Strong database fundamentals including SQL and schema design.
- Experience in MSSQL database architecture and design.
- Expertise in database performance tuning and optimization.
- Experience in troubleshooting live production systems.
- Experience in setting up backup and recovery for production and staging database systems.
- Sound knowledge of best practices in database engineering and data security.
- Experience in setting up replication and troubleshooting replication issues.
- Hands on with PL/SQL and T-SQL programming.
- Experience in ER Modeling
- Good understanding in client/server and multi-tier architecture.
- Experience with AWS or other cloud providers.
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, Engineering, or a related field.
- 7+ years of experience in software engineering.
- Strong CS fundamentals, including data structures and algorithms.
- Familiar with NoSQL databases.
- Familiar with MSSQL Server Always On feature.
- Scripting (Python or PERL) experience.
- Experience with setting up and managing Data Warehousing.
- Experience working with Oracle and PostgreSQL.
- Experience working with BI tools like Tableau and Cognos.
- Experience in building applications for Azure or AWS.
- Experience with internationalization and localization.
- Experience with virtualization technologies such as VMWare Workstation.
- Experience working hands-on with customers to support products in the field.
- Experience with scale-out strategies and tools for SQL Server/Oracle.
RSA is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and applicants for employment and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, and any other category protected by applicable country law.
If you need a reasonable accommodation during the application process, please contact the RSA Talent Acquisition Team at email@example.com. RSA and its approved consultants will never ask you for a fee to process or consider your application for a career with RSA. RSA reserves the right to amend or withdraw any job posting at any time, including prior to the advertised closing date.
Job ID: ARCHE004810