Archer- Data Engineer
Primary Location: New Cairo, Egypt
Are you currently an employee with RSA?
To view available job opportunities please login to UKG. Once in UKG go to Myself > My Company > View Opportunities.
We’ve made it easy for you to get started! Our new recruiting solution uses single sign-on, so you already have a presence (candidate record). Your presence is your chance to show your personality and skills, apply for jobs, and highlight all the qualifications that make you the perfect fit for that next big opportunity.
Don’t miss out on your next great job adventure!
Archer- Data Engineer
Archer is a leading provider of integrated risk management (IRM) solutions that enable customers to improve strategic decision-making and operational resilience with a modern technology platform that supports qualitative and quantitative analysis driven by both business and IT impacts. As true pioneers in GRC software, Archer remains solely dedicated to helping customers manage risk and compliance domains, from traditional operational risk to emerging issues such as ESG. With over 20 years in the risk management industry, the Archer customer base represents one of the largest pure risk management communities globally, with more than 1,200 customers including more than 50% of the Fortune 500. Learn more at www.ArcherIRM.com.
The primary focus of this role is to provide technical expertise with the creation and maintenance of Archer’s Global Data Lakehouse. This role will execute on complex analytics to help drive business decisions across a wide variety of often fast-paced internal engagements. The Data Engineer role will build innovative tools and applications that can help solve Archer’s internal data issues, help execute cutting-edge analytical techniques, help drive technical roadmaps for the function and firm, and train our colleagues.
Ensures optimum IT infrastructure performance and integrity. Ensures consistency and synchronization across infrastructure components. Ensures performance optimization, and maintenance by following operational procedures for maintaining and upgrading technology as required. Involved in supporting new and existing applications. Works with other IT groups and business units, troubleshooting and resolving technical problems.
- Contribute in building, design and orchestration activities of data warehousing platform
- Design data ingestion strategies for different business data sources
- Design and support a data warehousing model to be used for different business data sources
- Design data dimensional models to be used for supporting the business’ reporting needs
- Solves various complex analytical challenges, sometimes dynamically balancing multiple internal projects simultaneously.
- Supports project teams with their analytics work in a “consultancy/expert” capacity on best practices concerning data & analytics engineering (e.g., on-prem databases & systems, data storage & warehousing, data management, big-data principles, analytics app prototyping, ETL)
- Collaborates with various stakeholders to continuously innovate on the tools, services, and data assets we can offer.
- Creates production-quality data pipelines to develop and deploy scalable data science projects.
- Stays current on best-in-class software, tools, and techniques to ensure we can provide best-in-class solutions.
- Supports development and upskilling of staff on relevant software, tools, and techniques
- Develops and drive the technical roadmap on data engineering capabilities and infrastructure to ensure we operate a best-in-class Data & Analytics function.
- Degree in a quantitative or business discipline or previous business experience preferred; examples include Computer Science, Engineering, Information Technology, Data Science, Statistics, Mathematics, Operations Research, Economics
- Minimum 2 years of experience in applied data engineering; deep expertise in data engineering, data warehousing, as well as strong business and strategic analytical skills
- Ability to understand and articulate requirements to/from technical and non-technical audiences working alongside a data science & engineering team.
- Strong SQL & Python knowledge
- Experience with data modeling, data structures (e.g., relational, and non-relational data), databases, and ETL/ELT processes and an in-depth understanding of large-scale data sets including both structured and unstructured data.
- Experience with designing, implementing, and delivering scalable data solutions and pipelines on one of the cloud platforms (e.g., AWS, Azure, GCP) and on-prem platforms such as Microsoft SQL Server
- Hands-on experience in the development, deployment, and operation of integration technologies (e.g., APIs)
- Proficiency with data warehouses (e.g., Data Bricks, Redshift etc.)
- Experience with containerization technologies (e.g., Docker, Kubernetes) is a plus
- Experience with DevOps, Git, CI/CD is a plus
RSA is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and applicants for employment and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, and any other category protected by applicable country law.
If you need a reasonable accommodation during the application process, please contact the RSA Talent Acquisition Team at firstname.lastname@example.org. RSA and its approved consultants will never ask you for a fee to process or consider your application for a career with RSA. RSA reserves the right to amend or withdraw any job posting at any time, including prior to the advertised closing date.Job ID: ARCHE004919