RSA Senior Accountant
Primary Location: Remote - Massachusetts,
Additional Location(s): Massachusetts
RSA oﬀers mission-driven security solutions that provide organizations with a uniﬁed approach to managing digital risk that hinges on integrated visibility, automated insights and coordinated actions. RSA solutions are designed to eﬀectively detect and respond to advanced attacks; manage user access control; and reduce business risk, fraud and cybercrime. RSA protects millions of users around the world and helps more than 90 percent of the Fortune 500 companies, and every branch of the U.S. federal government, thrive and continuously adapt to transformational change. For more information, go to rsa.com.
- Prepare month-end general ledger close activities including preparing journal entries and reconciliations.
- Work through various technical accounting issues, including preparing memorandums and analysis to conclude on the appropriate accounting for complex transactions. Document and implement policies and procedures to ensure that we account for the transactions correctly going forward.
- Assist in the consolidation process of the Companies entities throughout the world.
- Prepare reports and analysis to be included in the monthly reporting package to be provided to Company executives.
- Continually assess our processes and procedures and implement changes to promote efficiency, with a primary focus on improved use of technology.
- Create risk and control matrices and related process and policy documents for respective processes. Implement new controls as needed to ensure risks are mitigated.
- Work collaboratively with FP&A and others within the organization to constantly think about we track data and improve data tracking for decision making processes.
- Work closely with auditors and throughout the year ensure that the quality of our accounting records is of audit level so that there are minimal requests and extra documentation needed from the auditors.
- Assist in the preparation of required filings including, but not limited to, abandoned property, sales and use tax, personal property tax, etc.
- Assist in various special projects as the arise. Projects may involve the implementation of new systems, project accounting, acquisitions, etc.
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting or finance preferred, although not required.
- 2+ years in an accounting experience, public accounting preferred, although not required.
- Experience in working with software companies preferred, although not required.
- CPA is strongly preferred.
- Knowledge of US GAAP and a desire to continue to develop knowledge.
- Very proactive, hardworking and strong desire to succeed.
- Be able to work in a fast paced, start-up environment.
- Strong organization and project management skills.
- Detail oriented.
- Strong critical thinking skills.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills.
- Great team player and willing to roll up sleeves to help others on the team.
RSA is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at RSA are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. RSA will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. RSA encourages applicants of all ages.Job ID: R100729