Outseer - Senior Principal Software Engineer
Primary Location: Remote - Massachusetts,
Additional Location(s): Massachusetts
Outseer - Senior Principal Software Engineer
RSA oﬀers mission-driven security solutions that provide organizations with a uniﬁed approach to managing digital risk that hinges on integrated visibility, automated insights and coordinated actions. RSA solutions are designed to eﬀectively detect and respond to advanced attacks; manage user access control; and reduce business risk, fraud and cybercrime. RSA protects millions of users around the world and helps more than 90 percent of the Fortune 500 companies, and every branch of the U.S. federal government, thrive and continuously adapt to transformational change. For more information, go to rsa.com.
- Application design and development using Java technology stack with focus on quality, unit testing, integration and performance.
- Plan and execute software development aspects from inception to transition.
- Lead, mentor and guide technical team of developers and quality professionals with proven leadership abilities.
- Troubleshoot complex customer issues in UAT, Production environments.
- Take ownership of customer issues, plan debugging sessions with customer stakeholders and drive with passion, enthusiasm until closure.
- Plan and assist in developing various product test plans related to load test, performance test.
- Analyze complex product issues, propose potential solutions.
- Design and development of proof of concepts for the proposed new features.
- Effective communication with program & product management and assisting in setting product roadmaps.
- Develop most effective technical solutions to meet business requirements.
- Work with other Engineers in planning, prioritizing, and executing assigned tasks within deadlines.
- Assist in risk assessment and mitigation activities.
- Responsible for code quality and maintaining product quality.
- Evaluates and recommends software and hardware solutions to meet user needs.
- Resolves customer issues with software solutions and responds to suggestions for improvements and enhancements.
- Interacts with business users, I/T, vendors and customers to define current and future application requirements.
- Possesses and applies a comprehensive knowledge of application programming and analysis. Strong Object-oriented programming skills.
- Hands on development experience using Java technology stack with strong focus on architecture and design. Solid experience in Java, Spring, Hibernate with ability to go deep and resolve complex issues.
- Experience in proposing architecture, solutions to a wide range of problems, also develop proof of concepts to prove that proposed solution works.
- Solid experience in RDBMS databases preferably in-depth knowledge of MS-SQL server covering replication, transactional aspects.
- Solid experience in application servers with prime focus on Tomcat, Weblogic and Apache web server.
- Solid experience in messaging systems preferably with RabbitMQ. RabbitMQ integration experience using Spring AMQP.
- Good understanding of Micro Services
- Must be comfortable working in Linux/Unix environments.
- Must be hands on with Object Oriented concepts along with passion for design patterns and applicability.
- Experience in setting up load balancers, clusters a plus
- Experience in application monitoring using various tools and frameworks.
- Exposure to some or all of the following Cloud Technologies – Docker, Kubernetes, Azure, AWS
- Experienced in planning, conducting load & performance tests to prepare test reports for benchmarking.
- Effective and precise communicator with exposure to working with cross-functional, various geographical units. Ability to lead technical team, provide guidance and thought leadership.
- Quick learner, mentor with positive perspective.
RSA is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at RSA are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. RSA will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. RSA encourages applicants of all ages
Job ID: R097338