Senior Sales Engineer - RSA Archer
Primary Location: Munich,
Additional Location(s): Düsseldorf, Germany
Becoming a member of the Archer team means joining one of the technology industry’s true leaders with a rich history and an exciting future. Since its separation from Dell, Archer is aggressively pursuing its independence and evolution as an innovative software company, creating many opportunities for team members to grow and drive key initiatives for the business. With a veritable “who’s who” of global enterprises making up the Archer customer base, team members get the opportunity to work with leading organizations and support their efforts towards Operational Resilience.
Archer, an RSA company, is a leader in providing integrated risk management (IRM) solutions that enable customers to improve strategic decision making and operational resiliency. As true pioneers in GRC software, Archer remains solely dedicated to helping customers understand risk holistically by engaging stakeholders, leveraging a modern platform that spans key domains of risk and supports analysis driven by both business and IT impacts. The Archer customer base represents one of the largest pure risk management communities globally, with over 1,500 deployments including more than 90 of the Fortune 100.
Archer Systems Engineer
Archer Sales Engineers (SE’s) provide prospects with technical and consultative guidance during product demonstrations, presentations, and proof-of-concept (PoC) implementations. SE’s analyse customer business requirements, build proof-of-concept solutions, and demonstrate solutions back to prospective customers. This person also needs to be aware of the company’s goals, both financially and operationally and be a proactive contributor to the success of the Archer business in the broader EMEA team.
Every Archer team member brings something unique to the table. Here’s what we are looking for with this role:
- Provide strong business process consulting in the presales phase of the sales process and command of the technical closure with each opportunity.
- Provide enablement and support of the wider EMEA presales community and local partners
- Deliver sales and technical pre-sales efforts to secure the technical win for new business and ensure growth of existing accounts.
- Maintain full knowledge and hands-on proficiency with the Archer product Suite and major competitor’s product lines.
- Communicate customer feedback into future product enhancements.
- Participate in sales calls and on-site visits to explore customer requirements and to explain and articulate the value proposition of Archer including features, use cases, and integration with existing customer systems of record and infrastructure.
- Deliver custom presentations and demonstrations to customers and prospects
- Participate in delivery of technical enablement sessions for partners such as product updates; alongside the formal education courses and training already provided to partners.
- Support Bids & Proposals in response to Request for Information/Proposals, RFPs and RFIs, (RFx)
- Own the technical relationship with the customer and ensure the Archer win in evaluations
- Lead and coordinate requirements gathering at customer/prospect sites
- Conduct and lead customer evaluations including Proof-of-Concepts (PoC’s)
- Worth with internal or partner Professional Services (PS) counterparts to evaluate functional requirements/specifications and provide input for preparing project statement-of-work documents in support of quotations as well as formal handover from PreSales to project teams.
- Travel up to 50% to client locations for demonstrations and presentations in EMEA.
- Proven ability to successfully navigate and relate to varying levels of functional and technical personnel at customer sites.
- Able to identify the requirements to ensure technical closure of a sale and a track record of assisting the sales teams in removing barriers and closure of opportunities.
- Skilled in the identification of innovative solutions to complex situations that differentiate them in the eyes of the customer
- Ability to prioritise and manage tasks in support of multiple sales team members and customers (delivering sales demos, building quality proof-of-concepts)
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills. Fluent English is essential in addition to local language
- Strong knowledge in analysing, designing, and recommending approaches to implementing customer management processes
- Ability to act independently as well as the ability to work across multiple teams within the organization
- Strong knowledge of current regulations and industry standards such as GDPR, PCI, ISO, COSO, NIST, etc.
- Solid understanding of system integration approaches utilizing XML, database queries, and web service technology and strong technical proficiency with Windows
- Ideally 7+ years of related work experience in enterprise risk management role or similar discipline including 5+ years of hands-on field sales support, software consulting, presales engineer or similar experience
- CRISC, CRMA, CGEIT, GRCP, CISSP, CISA, IAPP CIPP or CIPM certifications highly desirable.
- Knowledge of existing GRC/IRM tools (Archer/other) preferred
Here’s our story; now tell us yours
Job ID: R102917
RSA Archer is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, colour, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. RSA will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. RSA encourages applicants of all ages.