RSA Paralegal - Remote Opportunity
Primary Location: Remote - Massachusetts,
Additional Location(s): California
RSA helps the world's leading organizations solve their most complex and sensitive security challenges. These challenges include managing organizational risk, safeguarding mobile access and collaboration, proving compliance, and securing enterprise and cloud environments against today’s most sophisticated threats. Combining business-critical solutions in identity & authentication management, network forensics and GRC capabilities, RSA provides visibility and analytics to safeguard the identities and information of organizations worldwide.
As a Paralegal, this individual will provide support to RSA’s legal team and business on a variety of matters. The right candidate will have strong multi-tasking and prioritization skills, solid judgment, good communication skills, a customer-service mindset, creative problem-solving skills, and a commitment to career growth and personal development. An interest in technology, a keen eye for process improvement, and good sense of humor are also valuable.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
- Prepares official correspondence including, but not limited to, application data sheets, declarations, powers of attorney, assignments, IDSs, responses to office actions, amendments, trademark specimens and statements of use, issue fee payments and extensions
- Supports company-wide ethics and compliance initiatives
- Assists in tracking of outside counsel billing and invoices
- Provides legal research assistance as needed
- Evaluates current policies/procedures affecting law department operations and makes recommendations for improvements
- Recognizes risks and solves problems in a team environment
- Persuades others and provides creative solutions to resolve issues
- Conveys complex and legally complicated information to business leaders, clients and colleagues in a concise and professional manner
- College degree or paralegal certification required
- 8+ years of recent, relevant experience
- Must be able to work independently with minimal attorney supervision on a variety of projects simultaneously
- Must be highly diligent, capable of working in a demanding, fast-paced, team-oriented environment, and flexible in accepting new roles and responsibilities
- Must have experience with and current in-depth knowledge of patent and trademark prosecution rules and procedures
- Keen attention to detail, deadline-driven and exceptional time management skills
- Analytical reasoning skills and ability to interpret rules and instructions accurately
- Excellent customer service skills, including understanding and responding quickly to a variety of inquiries
We offer highly competitive salaries, bonus programs, world-class benefits, and unparalleled growth and development opportunities — all to create a compelling and rewarding work environment.
If you have what it takes to support attorneys in a dynamic global organization, this is your opportunity to develop with RSA.
Job ID: R088741
RSA is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at RSA are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. RSA will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. RSA encourages applicants of all ages.