RSA - Technical Support Engineer Level 1 (Netwitness)
Primary Location: Cairo,
Additional Location(s): Cairo, Egypt
RSA oﬀers mission-driven security solutions that provide organizations with a uniﬁed approach to managing digital risk that hinges on integrated visibility, automated insights and coordinated actions. RSA solutions are designed to eﬀectively detect and respond to advanced attacks; manage user access control; and reduce business risk, fraud and cybercrime. RSA protects millions of users around the world and helps more than 90 percent of the Fortune 500 companies, and every branch of the U.S. federal government, thrive and continuously adapt to transformational change. For more information, go to rsa.com.
Join us to do the best work of your career and make a profound social impact as an Engineer 2 on our Identity Technical Support team in Cairo, Egypt.
What you’ll achieve
As a Technical Support Engineer, you will be responsible for reviewing the technical solution articles for accuracy and completeness, and give feedback to the authors, as well as participating in e-Services content creation (self-service) and maintenance such as Chat, Knowledgebase content, Support forums, etc.; regularly submit content to the knowledge database with a direct Interface with customers at different stages of problem resolution process knowing that shift work, holidays, weekends and on-call responsibilities may be required (The team is supporting US hours + On call during the weekend (Saturday & Sunday) on rotational basis).
- Act as a remote customer advocate to champion specific customer needs in collaboration with field team and understand sphere of influence extending outside of the department
- Validates technical information and issues early warning and disseminates information as needed with Assessing when necessary to engage or escalate to more senior resources to resolve more complex issues
- Mentor and/or coach less experienced TSEs, help develop and participate in presentations and informal training for other TSEs
- Apply systems analysis techniques and procedures to determine hardware or software systems functionality
- Apply technical knowledge to analyze and use highly technical troubleshooting tools and content and analytical practices; use operational and diagnostic procedures to diagnose and resolve issues in unique and often complex customer environments
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering (Communications/Networks or Computer Science) with minimum 5+ years’ experience and an excellent verbal and written communication skills in English.
- Hands-on experience of Unix/Linux system administration with strong command line knowledge.
- Proficient knowledge of networks & network security.
- Configuration management Fundamentals to include Chef, Puppet & Salt. Experience with Security Assessment tools (NMAP, Nessus, Metasploit) and packet capture analysis tools (Wireshark, tcpdump).
- Linux Administration, Security and Networking certifications is a plus
RSA is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at RSA are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. RSA will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. RSA encourages applicants of all ages.Job ID: R099458