Archer Sales Engineer (Sydney, Melbourne, Canberra, Brisbane)
Primary Location: St Leonards,
Additional Location(s): Brisbane, Australia
Join our team of successful Archer Sales Engineers for the Integrated Risk solution that is rated as a leader in every Gartner Magic Quadrant on the topic.
The Sales Engineer (SE) is responsible for understanding the customer’s needs and positioning Archer as the solution of choice. The SE is the Risk domain expert for supporting the Archer sales team with complete responsibility for owning the technology relationship and securing the ‘tech win’.
Our field sales professionals rely on proactive technical support during the sales process for business development and existing account management – and our expert Sales Engineering team always steps up to the mark. Partnering with field sales, the SE assists in driving new business from prospective and existing customer accounts within their respective primary region, and meeting and/or exceeding the sales quotas to achieve revenue goals. We lead the development and implementation of complex and specialised products, applications, services and solutions and ensure customers get the innovative, relevant, interoperable solutions they need.
This role is focused on supporting our customers in Australia and New Zealand so we are open to candidates from all major metros.
- This position will organise, plan, direct, and coordinate all aspects of the technical pre-sales engagement for prospective and expansion within existing clients. Participation in sales planning, sales calls and customer engagements to gather and explore requirements. Explain and articulate the value proposition of Archer including use cases, and integration with existing customer systems of record.
- Provide strong business process consulting in the pre-sales phases of the sales cycle and command of the technical closure with each opportunity. This entails analysing customer business requirements; offering prospects guidance and advice during product demonstrations, presentations, and proof-of-concepts (PoC’s) to identify potential solutions and aiming to secure the ‘tech win’ at every opportunity for new business and growth of existing accounts.
- Support Bids & Proposals in our response to Request for Information/Proposals (RFI’s/RFP’s or RFx’s)
- Conduct and lead customer evaluations including Proof-of-Concepts (PoC’s). Own the technical relationship with the customer throughout the presales process and ensure that Archer wins in evaluations where there is a good fit between their business requirements and our solution offering.
- Provide enablement and support of the wider SE community and local partners - participating in the delivery of technical enablement sessions for partners such as product updates; alongside the formal education courses and training already provided to partners.
- Maintain full knowledge and hands-on proficiency with Archer and major competitor’s product lines.
- Communicate customer feedback into future product enhancements. Participate in local User Groups and Product Management working groups with customers.
- Work with internal or partner Professional Services (PS) counterparts to evaluate functional requirements/specifications and provide input for preparing project statement-of-work documents in support of quotations as well as contributing to develop detailed installations or system integration plans and formal handover from pre-sales to post-sales project teams.
- Travel up to 50% to client locations for demonstrations and presentations – primarily within Australian & New Zealand
- Travel to other locations may be required from time-to-time to support Company, Customer & Team engagements
- Proven ability to successfully navigate and relate to varying levels of functional and technical personnel within customers and prospects. Ability to prioritise and manage tasks in support of multiple sales team members, customers and prospects.
- Skilled in the identification of innovative solutions to complex situations that differentiate in the eyes of the customer. Able to identify the requirements to ensure technical closure of a sale and a track record of assisting the sales teams in removing barriers and closure of opportunities.
- Expertise in analysing, designing, and recommending approaches to implementing customer or prospects management processes (delivering sales demos, leading sales workshops, configuring quality proof-of-concepts, supporting RFx’s and training delivery).
- Ability to act independently as well as the ability to work across multiple teams within the organisation.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills. Fluent English essential in addition to local language.
- Strong knowledge of current regulations and industry standards such as GDPR, PCI, ISO, COSO, NIST, etc.
- Solid understanding of system integration approaches utilising XML, database queries, and web service technology and proficiency with Windows.
- Demonstrable related work experience in IRM or GRC role (or similar discipline
- Experience working in support of sales, software consulting, presales engineering or similar is highly desirable.
- CRISC, CRMA, CGEIT, GRCP, CISSP, CISA, IAPP CIPP, CIPM or similar certifications highly desirable.
- Knowledge of existing GRC/IRM tools (Archer Suite/other) preferred
RSA is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at RSA are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. RSA will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. RSA encourages applicants of all ages.Job ID: R088100