RSA - Software Senior Principal Engineer
Primary Location: Bangalore,
Additional Location(s): Bengaluru, India
The Software Engineering team delivers next-generation software application enhancements and new products for a changing world. Working at the cutting edge, we design and develop software for platforms, peripherals, applications and diagnostics — all with the most advanced technologies, tools, software engineering methodologies and the collaboration of internal and external partners. Join us to do the best work of your career and make a profound social impact as a [Job title] on our [Job family] team in [Location].
- Develops a future-state technical architecture vision, aligned to the business strategy, and transition states to achieve that technology vision.
- Represent Application Architecture to align and define strategies across teams including Security, Infrastructure, Networking, Governance, DevOps, and Support
- Lead POC and integration design across products.
- Build out technical demonstrations for service patterns, integration efforts, and modern coding practices.
- Partner with development teams across the functional areas to prioritize capabilities, drive architectural standards and governance, and support key strategic initiatives.
- Work with program managers identifying issues / risks and required mitigation to ensure delivery of end-to-end strategic design
- Connect with the scrum teams across the org to clarify business and technical capability needs and investigate dependencies
- Review technical artifacts to meet industry standards
- Own and drive technical and functional improvements across platform/applications
- Build strong relationships with business stakeholders, technology leaders, architects and developers
- Develop and communicate a vision for the company’s strategy and technology with business and technology leaders.
- Publish technical whitepapers and architecture documentations on standards, guidelines, and innovation.
- Successfully communicate conceptual ideas and design rationale to executive stakeholders and the development team
- 15+ years strong technical experience in managing highly complex projects independently that cross multiple business units, divisions, functions, and regions
- Demonstrated competency in strategic thinking, design and architecture
- Ability to communicate design rationale clearly and concisely and build consensus / relationships in a matrix environment
- Ability to think about business in a way that is abstracted from how business functions are implemented by technology
- Experience in proposing architecture, solutions to a wide range of problems, also develop proof concepts to prove that proposed solution works.
- Have passion for learning and incorporating cutting edge solutions
- Design thinking which enables synthesizing of many ideas into big-picture view that shows the connection between business intention and development
- Positive future focused attitude and ability to influence through change
- Ability to effectively collaborate and influence at all levels of the organization across functional and various geographical units.
- Exceptional communication skills – written, verbal as well as visualizations
- Strong knowledge of OOPS concepts and usage, design patterns and experience in system level programming.
- Strong development skills in Java is a must.
- Experience in integrating products using Web Services/REST API
- Experience with Spring Framework, Spring Boot, Hibernate, H2, PostgreSQL, MongoDB XML, JSON, Apache, Tomcat
- Solid experience in messaging systems preferably with RabbitMQ.
- RabbitMQ integration experience using Spring AMQP.
- Must be comfortable working in Linux/Unix environments.
- Must be hands on with Object Oriented concepts along with passion for design patterns and applicability.
RSA is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at RSA are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. RSA will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. RSA encourages applicants of all ages.
Job ID: R074701