RSA -Software Senior Engineer
Primary Location: Bengaluru, India
Are you currently an employee with RSA?
To view available job opportunities please login to UKG. Once in UKG go to Myself > My Company > View Opportunities.
We’ve made it easy for you to get started! Our new recruiting solution uses single sign-on, so you already have a presence (candidate record). Your presence is your chance to show your personality and skills, apply for jobs, and highlight all the qualifications that make you the perfect fit for that next big opportunity.
Don’t miss out on your next great job adventure!
RSA oﬀers mission-driven security solutions that provide organizations with a uniﬁed approach to managing digital risk that hinges on integrated visibility, automated insights and coordinated actions. RSA solutions are designed to eﬀectively detect and respond to advanced attacks; manage user access control; and reduce business risk, fraud and cybercrime. RSA protects millions of users around the world and helps more than 90 percent of the Fortune 500 companies, and every branch of the U.S. federal government, thrive and continuously adapt to transformational change. For more information, go to rsa.com.
RSA is seeking very a talented Android Software Developer to help RSA build its next next-generation identity assurance service. You will be working on a product that organizations worldwide depend on to detect, investigate, and take targeted action against tomorrow’s most sophisticated cyber-attacks. You will work with some of best and brightest minds and have fun doing it!
Our Software Engineers create solutions. As part of the team, you will analyze the customer’s business goals, needs and general business environment to design technical system answers.
- Contribute to the design and architecture of new or re-engineered software/storage environments
- Prepare written software/storage specifications for complex products from architectural diagrams and documents
- Create and review design, functional, technical and/or user documentation, as needed
- Design, develop, integrate, test and deploy significant parts of the software platform and apps
- Analyze and optimize application code for efficiency and performance
- Focus on strong and secure coding practices
- 5+ years of Software development experience
- Proficient in Kotlin and Java programming languages.
- Proficiency in Android UI design principles, patterns, and best practices.
- Expert knowledge of Architectural patterns like MVC, MVVM and Clean Architecture.
- Experience with push notifications and Firebase or other similar PaaS systems.
- Experience with 3rd party libraries like okhttp, volley, Firebase
- Ability to code/debug more complex programs using either written or verbal design specifications.
- Ability to achieve mastery of new tools, languages and operating systems with training and on-the-job experience
- Minimum 3 years’ experience developing Android applications using Android SDK
- Expert-level understanding of Android networking, inter-process communication, local data caching and multitasking
- Knowledge of Android multithreading performance and optimization techniques
- In-depth understanding and demonstrated use of object-oriented design principles
- Familiar with Software Configuration Management tools
- Experience with developer testing practices and understands the differences between unit, functional, and system tests
- Ability to speak and write clearly in a variety of communication settings and styles
- Excellent analysis, critical thinking and problem solving skills
- Ability to quickly learn and apply new concepts or principles
- Ability to work effectively as part of a team
- Experience working in an agile environment.
- Experience with IDE like XCode and Android Studio
- Familiarity with JIRA, GIT, SQL and databases
- Familiarity with both Linux and Windows environments.
- Domain knowledge of the information security industry is a big plus.
5+ years of related experience with a Bachelor’s degree; or 3+ years with a Master’s degree; or a PhD without experience; or equivalent experience
RSA is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and applicants for employment and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, and any other category protected by applicable country law.
If you need a reasonable accommodation during the application process, please contact the RSA Talent Acquisition Team at firstname.lastname@example.org. RSA and its approved consultants will never ask you for a fee to process or consider your application for a career with RSA. RSA reserves the right to amend or withdraw any job posting at any time, including prior to the advertised closing date.
Job ID: RSASO004876