RSA - Software Engineering Manager - Platform /DevOps
Primary Location: Bangalore,
Additional Location(s): Bengaluru, India
RSA offers business-driven security solutions that uniquely link business context with security incidents to help organizations manage digital risk and protect what matters most. RSAs award winning solutions are designed to effectively detect and respond to advanced attacks; manage user identities and access; and, reduce business risk, fraud, and cybercrime. RSA protects millions of users around the world and helps more than 90% of the Fortune 500 companies thrive in an uncertain, high-risk world.
RSA has multiple Product Groups of which NetWitness is a flagship product in the SIEM domain. RSA is looking for a Software Engineering Manager – Platform/DevOps who has a passion for leading the delivery of the organization’s On-premises/Cloud platform solutions - establishing, growing and maintaining Platform/DevOps processes within the organization by leveraging automation tools and applications including services available in Public Cloud. The position will lead platform provisioning, build deployment, software configuration, continuous integration, continuous delivery and developing next generation cloud applications to help accelerate NetWitness in its cloud transformation journey. This role requires design thinking to build applications for great user experience, large scale and high availability and is ideal for self-motivated professionals who can learn on the go, improvise and deliver enterprise class products in an agile manner.
The Manager Platform Technologies has following areas of focus: -
- Delivery of the organization’s On-prem and cloud platform solutions – Establish, grow and maintain DevOps processes by leveraging automation tools and applications and cloud native services.
- Drive platform provisioning, build deployment, software configuration, continuous integration, continuous delivery
- Provide leadership in architecture, design and planning to support the organization’s implementation of DevOps, including the orchestration/automation of platform provisioning, system configuration, application deployment, application configuration, and cloud deployments/management.
- Manage the implementation and operation of the organization’s platform & middleware technology on-premises and in Public Cloud. Manage the migration of on-premises applications to Cloud Infrastructure and Platform services
- Collaborate with Software development and IT infrastructure teams to solicit requirements, design, build and automate the provisioning of platform services to support the software development lifecycle.
- Guide teams to develop proof-of-concepts based on Cloud technology to exploit new opportunities to optimize platform and DevOps.
Engineering Degree in Information Technology from a recognized institution.
Minimum 12 years’ experience supporting mission-critical enterprise applications; programming in a variety of languages; and using a Systems Development lifecycle, preferably with a structured methodology.
Experience with strong people management skills, Previous development experience in SAAS applications would be an added advantage.
Experience with cloud platforms, virtualization platforms, middleware and containerization.
Experience working with automation/DevOps concepts and practice, including:
• Software Configuration Management
• Continuous Delivery Framework
• Agile and Traditional Software Development Lifecycles Experience
- Experience developing solutions leveraging cloud technologies such as OpenStack, AWS and/or Azure.
- Experience developing applications in Java and Python
- Experience leveraging various unit and system-level test utilities and harnesses to ensure high quality deliverables.
- Experience leveraging continuous integration tools such as Jenkins or Hudson.
- Utilizing Puppet, Chef or other similar technologies to support configuration and deployment of solutions on Linux platforms.
- Experience with network configuration and system process management in a Linux environment.
- Fierce belief in the principals of continuous integration and failing fast.
- Comfortable working with Git. A link to your GitHub page would be even better!
- Proactive, self-guided learner who enjoys keeping up with the latest advancements in distributed systems technology.
- Desirable Requirements
- Familiar with Docker or other Linux container technology.
- Familiar with IP networking concepts.
- Domain knowledge of the information security industry is a big plus.
- Kickstart / boot image development for Linux based systems
- Experience with RAID and managing storage within Linux environments
Job ID: R073325