RSA - Senior Software Engineer
Primary Location: Bangalore,
Additional Location(s): Bengaluru, India
Senior Software Engineer (Java and Cloud Development)
The Software Engineering team delivers next-generation software application enhancements and new products for a changing world. Working at the cutting edge, we design and develop software for platforms, peripherals, applications and diagnostics — all with the most advanced technologies, tools, software engineering methodologies and the collaboration of internal and external partners.
Join us as a a Senior Software Engineer on our Engineering Development team in Bangalore to do the best work of your career and make a profound social impact.
RSA is seeking very a talented Java Developer to help build its next next-generation identity product and services. You will be working on a product that organizations worldwide depend on to detect, investigate, and take targeted action against tomorrow’s most sophisticated cyber-attacks. You will work with some of best and brightest minds and have fun doing it!
Our Software Engineers create solutions. As part of the team, you will analyze the customer’s business goals, needs and general business environment to design technical system answers.
- Contribute to the design and architecture of new or re-engineered software/storage environments
- Prepare written software/storage specifications for complex products from architectural diagrams and documents
- Create and review design, functional, technical and/or user documentation, as needed
- Develop, review and implement test strategies for software products and systems/for storage products and systems
- 5+ years of Software development experience
- Hands on development experience using Java technology stack with focus on architecture and design.
- Hands-on in Java Programming, J2EE, Spring, Hibernate, RestAPI, Data Structures, Design Patterns, Oracle Database, PL/SQL
- Experience in application servers with prime focus on Tomcat.
- Experience in messaging systems such as RabbitMQ.
- Experience working in Linux/Unix environments.Must be hands on with Object Oriented concepts along with passion for design patterns and applicability.
- Relevant experience in Java frameworks like Spring Microservices, Spring-Boot, Hibernate, JPA etc.
- Understanding of developer testing practices and the differences between unit, functional, and system tests,
- Should have working experience in a CI/CD environment where build & test is automated.
- Should have working experience in tools like Maven, Jenkins, Bamboo etc.
- Should have used testing Frameworks such as JUnit, Selenium
- Believe in concepts of 100% automated testing, push-button deploys, centralized management and logging.
- Ability to speak and write clearly in a variety of communication settings and styles
- Excellent analysis, critical thinking and problem solving skills
- Ability to quickly learn and apply new concepts or principles
- Ability to work effectively as part of global team
- Experience working in an agile environment. Able to break broad Epics into predictable User Stories in a team setting.
- Ability to code/debug more complex programs using either written or verbal design specifications
- Ability to achieve mastery of new tools, languages and operating systems with training and on-the-job experience
- Experience in Azure and AWS Development and Deployment, Active Directory, Containerization
- Domain knowledge of the information security industry is desirable.
- Understanding of security fundamentals (e.g., authentication, cryptography) is desirable.
- Familiar with Software Configuration Management tools
- Developing Cloud Native applications using Spring Boot/Spring Cloud
- 5+ years of related experience with a Bachelor’s degree; or 3+ years with a Master’s degree; or a PhD without experience; or equivalent experience
Job ID: R093582