RSA - Principal Technical Content Developer
Primary Location: Bangalore,
Additional Location(s): Bengaluru, India
Principal Technical Content Developer
RSA is the premier provider of security, risk and compliance management solutions. With more than 25,000 customers, SecurID is the industry’s leading strong authentication and secure access platform, used by 94% of the Fortune 500 and protecting more than 50 million identities worldwide.
RSA is looking for a dynamic, passionate individual to join the SecurID User Experience team as a Principal Technical Content Developer to write, edit, and revise a variety of content, including UI text, video, and HTML- and PDF-based product content for both end-user and administrator audiences. This writer compiles information through research, hands-on product experience and interviews with subject-matter experts, and organizes, analyzes and translates information into organized content for use by SecurID customers, partners and employees.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
- Write and edit a variety of content, including UI text, video, and HTML- and PDF-based product content for both end-user and administrator audiences.
- Work closely with the SecurID User Experience Design team to create content that helps our customers quickly and easily achieve their goals.
- Learn the product through hands-on experience (installing, configuring, and testing features).
- Work collaboratively with cross-functional agile teams, including engineering and product management.
- Seek customer input, advocate for the user, and always write with the user in mind.
- Excellent writing and communication skills and ability to clearly express complex ideas and concepts.
- Knowledge of technical communication best practices
- Ability and desire to collaborate with others
- Strong knowledge of Madcap Flare, FrameMaker, Visio and other standard technical content development tools.
- Strong problem-solving, organizational and project leadership skills
- Minimum of 6 years of experience as a technical writer or UX writer in a dynamic, fast-paced agile environment.
- Previous experience in the cybersecurity domain is a plus.
Bachelor’s degree and/or certificate of completion of a University program in Technical Writing or equivalent experience.
Minimum of 6 years of experience in UX/technical writing.Job ID: R126644