RSA - Manager 2 Software Engineering
Primary Location: Bangalore,
Additional Location(s): Bengaluru, India
RSA oﬀers mission-driven security solutions that provide organizations with a uniﬁed approach to managing digital risk that hinges on integrated visibility, automated insights and coordinated actions. RSA solutions are designed to eﬀectively detect and respond to advanced attacks; manage user access control; and reduce business risk, fraud and cybercrime. RSA protects millions of users around the world and helps more than 90 percent of the Fortune 500 companies, and every branch of the U.S. federal government, thrive and continuously adapt to transformational change. For more information, go to rsa.com.
The Software Engineering team delivers next-generation software application enhancements and new products for a changing world. Working at the cutting edge, we design and develop software for platforms, peripherals, applications and diagnostics — all with the most advanced technologies, tools, software engineering methodologies and the collaboration of internal and external partners. Join us to do the best work of your career and make a profound social impact.
RSA Archer is the industry-leading vendor of enterprise software for governance, risk management, and compliance (GRC). Over a thousand customers worldwide harness the Archer GRC platform and its comprehensive suite of solutions to automate the compliance process, meet their risk objectives, and optimize business.
We are seeking a Manager of Software Engineering to help build out and lead a top-notch product development team to drive the next wave of innovation and success for the Archer product.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
- Establishing and development of organization to meet and execute on strategy.
- Creates and drives work plans, and provides hands-on technical direction to engineers executing against those plans and deliver large scale projects with high quality.
- Interfaces with senior management and cross-functional leadership to report on project status and program milestones
- Contribute to all aspects of Software Development by being introducing best practices and achieve greater productivity and quality.
- Collaborates frequently with geographically distributed engineering and cross-functional teams
- Ability and experience in formal supervision, coaching, mentoring, and guidance. Provides feedback to peers and supervisors. Identifies and facilitates training and development opportunities for staff to enhance knowledge and expertise, keeping up with the rapidly changing technology used within the company and the overall industry.
- Prepares and conducts performance reviews and assists in career development plans for staff.
- Experience in hiring high performing individual contributors.
Experience and Skills Needed:
- 12+ years of experience with building enterprise scale, large scale distributed systems including at least 2+ years of experience as a people manager.
- Significant hands-on development experience building enterprise web applications and/or Cloud based applications on .NET, Java and R.
- Proven track record of delivering high quality enterprise software products through geographically distributed teams operating in fast-paced dynamic environment.
- Significant experience working with geographically distributed engineering teams
- Demonstrated experience driving projects with an execution mindset
- Knowledge/experience working with AWS and/or Azure is strongly desirable.
- Ability to communicate with customers and handle customer escalations as needed
- Ability to hire, develop and retain high performers.
- Ability to influence others, troubleshoot and guide team during critical project decision points to achieve results.
- Conflict resolution skills
- BS/MS in Computer Science or equivalent technical field
RSA is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at RSA are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. RSA will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. RSA encourages applicants of all ages.
Job ID: R103256