RSA_Accounting Advisor - Project Accounting
Primary Location: Bangalore,
Additional Location(s): Bengaluru, India
We are a global, multi-billion-dollar corporation – and Accounting is vital to reflecting our staggering earnings, profits, cash balances and other financial results. To meet this challenge, we implement best practices, provide general financial support, resolve queries, prepare reports and provide statistics. We also design policies and procedures that adhere to audit standards and conform to FASB and SEC guidance, as well as compliance with GAAP and Sarbanes-Oxley section 404.
Join us as a Accounting Advisor on our Project Accounting team in Bangalore to do the best work of your career and make a profound social impact.
What you’ll achieve
Responsible for financial support activities as well as resolves issues and inquiries from both internal and external customers. Performs a variety of routine and some non-routine clerical/finance functions in accordance with standard procedures in one or more of the following areas: general accounting, accounts payable, accounts receivable, tax or related financial area. Reconciles bank accounts, posts information, balances general or subsidiary ledgers, processes payments and compiles segments of monthly closings and annual reports. Runs various financial reports to provide to team and/or leadership.
- Recommends and updates cost center requirements and rollup structures with the financial control group within determined deadlines
- Researches, recommends and drives implementation of system improvements to increase department efficiency and accuracy
- Reviews journal entries and account reconciliations including supporting documentation to ensure accurate reporting
- Provides suggestions for improving processes performed within the team. Assists in review of actuals vs. forecast and investigation of variances.
- Performs analysis on projects related to revenue recognition & project costs.
- Liaises closely with Project Managers to ensure the revenue forecast is aligned with the project deliverables.
Take the first step towards your dream career
Every Dell Technologies team member brings something unique to the table. Here’s what we are looking for with this role:
- Solid knowledge of accounting principles and US GAAP relevant to the work area
- Solid knowledge of systems and automation tools (including Excel and Access)
- Typically requires 5+ years of related experience in a professional role with a Bachelor’s degree; or 3+ years with a Master’s degree; or a PhD without experience; or equivalent experience
Here’s our story; now tell us yours
RSA oﬀers mission-driven security solutions that provide organizations with a uniﬁed approach to managing digital risk that hinges on integrated visibility, automated insights and coordinated actions. RSA solutions are designed to eﬀectively detect and respond to advanced attacks; manage user access control; and reduce business risk, fraud and cybercrime. RSA protects millions of users around the world and helps more than 90 percent of the Fortune 500 companies, and every branch of the U.S. federal government, thrive and continuously adapt to transformational change. For more information, go to rsa.com.
Application closing date:
RSA is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at RSA are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. RSA will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. RSA encourages applicants of all ages.
Job ID: R080775