Netwitness-User Interface Senior Engineer
Primary Location: Bengaluru, India
Are you currently an employee with RSA?
To view available job opportunities please login to UKG. Once in UKG go to Myself > My Company > View Opportunities.
We’ve made it easy for you to get started! Our new recruiting solution uses single sign-on, so you already have a presence (candidate record). Your presence is your chance to show your personality and skills, apply for jobs, and highlight all the qualifications that make you the perfect fit for that next big opportunity.
Don’t miss out on your next great job adventure!
RSA - UX Designer
This is an opportunity to design products that will define the direction for threat detection and incident response within NetWitness and potentially for the security market as a whole. You will be working on a market leader in this space, helping to find new areas of growth and driving improvements to the user experience. In particular, you will be designing for cloud and SaaS initiatives. Experience designing for SaaS environments is a must.
We are looking for intelligent and empathic problem-solvers motivated to make an impact in the growing cyber-security industry. Designers are empowered to deliver the solutions security professionals need to deal with threats and the ever-growing threat of cyber-crime that all organizations face. The ideal candidate is comfortable designing browser-based applications that support complex, app-like use cases and workflows, and has a demonstrated background in animated UIs and/or illustration.
- Uncover user needs and usability issues through observational, use-case-focused techniques such as usability testing and contextual inquiry.
- Ensure the right product is being built for the right users by framing the problem, exploring multiple solutions, and then prioritizing and planning for the implementation of the best solutions
- Determine user paths via site navigation, information organization, information relationship building, and customer journey mapping.
- Define the structure and behaviors of browser-based software products and services via flow diagrams and wireframes.
- Select and arrange visual elements to set the visual hierarchy of a page or flow based on existing standards/styles (or new elements as needed)
- Depict the structure, behaviors, and visual design of interactive products via a truly interactive mockup.
- 3+ years experience doing user research and related activities.
- A demonstrated history of Cloud/SaaS user experience design work (1+ years)
- A demonstrated history of excellent communication (spoken and written) and collaboration skills
- Designed UIs for multiple complex browser-based applications.
- An open mind, a can-do attitude, and a bent for creative problem-solving
- Experience presenting your work to others and explaining the thinking behind it; experience making positive, iterative change based on feedback from peers
- Professional or personal experience creating animated interfaces and illustrations for user interfaces.
- Translates data into usable design solutions and leverages results to spark focused design efforts.
- Integrates Human Factors Engineering principles to the design & development process, accounting for perceptual, physical, and cognitive abilities in the usage of products & services.
- Produces specifications, standards, user requirements, as applied to Product Design and Development.
- Represents the needs & preferences of the end user throughout the design and development process.
- Has broad accountability for the user experience, from initial set-up/ install (out of box experience) through the product lifecycle.
- Defines & executes the necessary behavioral studies to guide the design process (e.g., yielding both qualitative and quantitative data).
- Performs a variety of data analysis techniques to surface insights that are actionable and can be applied to the design process.
- Works with cross-functional development teams to design products (Engineering, Product Management, Quality, etc.).
- Delivers the necessary artifacts to capture the intended user experience to implementation/engineering entities (e.g., specifications, guidelines, prototypes, UI designs, etc.).
- Presents test results to development teams and executive leadership to guide and drive the business in accordance to corporate strategies.
- Trusted across disciplines in developing, committing to and executing to established processes.
- Able to effectively communicate project status and issues to cross-functional core team members.
- Validates what needs to be delivered. Can anticipate issues and proactively ask for clarity. Provides feedback on feasibility. Volunteers for responsibilities beyond their assigned tasks. Not afraid to say what needs to be said to extended team members. Learning to gauge risk and practicality and express opinion.
- Executes prescribed tasks with minimal guidance and solicits input & assistance as necessary from mentors/Sr staff.
- Demonstrates competency with technical tools-of-the-trade.
- Demonstrates ability to function independently on multi-disciplinary teams, execute on project requirements, and faithfully represent the User Experience Design group's strategic initiatives.
RSA is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and applicants for employment and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, and any other category protected by applicable country law.
If you need a reasonable accommodation during the application process, please contact the RSA Talent Acquisition Team at email@example.com. RSA and its approved consultants will never ask you for a fee to process or consider your application for a career with RSA. RSA reserves the right to amend or withdraw any job posting at any time, including prior to the advertised closing date.Job ID: NETWI004440
No featured jobs. View All Opportunities
No recently viewed jobs. View All Opportunities
No saved jobs. View All Opportunities