Archer - Mgr 2, Software Engineering
Primary Location: Bengaluru, India
Are you currently an employee with RSA?
To view available job opportunities please login to UKG. Once in UKG go to Myself > My Company > View Opportunities.
We’ve made it easy for you to get started! Our new recruiting solution uses single sign-on, so you already have a presence (candidate record). Your presence is your chance to show your personality and skills, apply for jobs, and highlight all the qualifications that make you the perfect fit for that next big opportunity.
Don’t miss out on your next great job adventure!
Archer SaaSOps Manager
Archer is the industry-leading vendor of enterprise software for governance, risk management, and compliance (GRC). Over a thousand customers worldwide harness the Archer GRC platform and its comprehensive suite of solutions to automate the compliance process, meet their risk objectives, and optimize business.
Archer's goal is to deliver value to customers as rapidly as possible. To support this, we are increasing the efficiency and speed of software deployment and support. We are adding staff to our cloud operations team to support the transformation of our Development and Operations teams. This is an exciting opportunity for a leader who has a passion for enabling rapid deployment pipelines and working with cloud infrastructure.
You will have an opportunity to support Archer’s ongoing large scale AWS cloud initiatives. This will involve you working closely with skilled Development and Operations teams, using your experience to ensure that all needs are met as part of code and infrastructure deployment.
You will be expected to understand the needs of software development, operations, and security teams. You will be learning the products, providing guidance to all teams, and ensuring DevOps Methodologies are followed while building out our application platform.
- Manage engineers performing a variety of technical and support related tasks, including hands on work and performing these tasks as required.
- Lead the daily operations activities of our SaaS offering including monitoring systems, responding to escalations/alerts, customer requests, and maintaining our AWS Cloud environments.
- Ensure the accuracy of change records, incident records, and service requests for audit compliance and reporting.
- Build relationships across teams and departments, including software engineering, technical support, security, sales, and business teams.
- Manage and distribute incoming work to team members.
- Manage shift schedules and ensure coverage of on-call activities, including participating in on-call rotations themselves.
- Manage and report on critical metrics regarding the service request status and SLA compliance of our cloud services.
- Use established change management processes and disaster recovery plans, requiring operational procedures performed with minimal customer impact (i.e. outside of business hours/weekends/established maintenance windows)
- Run technical incidents, drive root cause analysis and coach others performing them, including collaboration with software development and technical support teams.
- Meet with internal and external customers to develop relationships and clarify requirements/schedules.
- Drive continuous improvement in systems operations through tools, automation, and reporting.
- Manage staffing plan and perform performance reviews of staff.
- Answer team member questions, onboard new employees, and oversee teams to ensure quality, compliance, and security.
- Provide high quality customer service.
- Provide direction and encouragement to team members, including communicating team goals and identifying areas for new training or skill checks.
- Use, enhance, and build comprehensive logging and monitoring capabilities through industry tools (DataDog, Splunk, NewRelic)
Experience and requirements:
- 10+ years of experience working with operating/developing/deploying enterprise software, with at least 3 years’ experience as a people manager.
- 2+ years of cloud operations experience.
- 2+ years working experience with cloud-based infrastructure (AWS)
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills.
- BS in CS, IT, or related field or equivalent work experience.
- Participate in on call rotations and work off hours when required.
- Experience managing large scale Windows environments.
- Understanding of highly available systems and architecture.
- Working knowledge in DevOps practices and concepts.
- Experience working with ticketing systems such as Jira and Jira Service Management.
- Demonstrated leadership capabilities with ability to work across functional boundaries, build consensus, and drive results.
- Understands how to use data to make decisions and discover information about the system.
Archer is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and applicants for employment and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at Archer are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, protected veteran status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. Archer will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training. All Archer employees are expected to support this policy and contribute to an environment of equal opportunity.
If you need a reasonable accommodation during the application process, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org. All employees must be legally authorized to work in the US. Archer participates in E-Verify. Archer and its approved consultants will never ask you for a fee to process or consider your application for a career with Archer. Archer reserves the right to amend or withdraw any job posting at any time, including prior to the advertised closing date.Job ID: ARCHE005005