SecurID - Software Engineer
Primary Location: Bedford, Massachusetts
SecurID - Software Engineer
As organizations across the globe transform to meet the rapidly evolving demands of the post-pandemic world, cybersecurity has become the bedrock of today’s digital economy. Nowhere is this more critical than in securing the identities of the employees, external users, and customers that drive the modern digital business. RSA SecurID is the most recognized and trusted brand in Identity Assurance with more than 12,000 customers, including 90% of the Fortune 500. For over 35 years, SecurID has pioneered many of the encryption, authentication, and identity federation technologies that still power the Internet today. And now SecurID is transforming the industry yet again, paving the way for the future of digital Identity through next-generation SaaS-powered Identity Assurance and a frictionless, mobile-optimized experience for the modern workforce. If you are a self-motivated entrepreneur looking for a fast-paced challenge doing something that truly matters, come join our winning team!
SecurID is looking for a talented and enthusiastic Software Engineer to help architect and develop our hybrid cloud and mobile identity assurance service, SecurID Cloud Authentication Service. RSA Engineers use state-of-the-art technologies, tools, and automation systems along with their ingenuity to design advanced solutions for Enterprise Security.
You will be part of the team responsible for designing, implementing and integrating break-through enterprise security features in the next generation of our SecurID Cloud Authentication Service. This exciting opportunity will allow you to apply your skills in software design and development to solving real-world information security problems for our customers. Come join us!
Education & Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering or Computer Science is required
- 5+ years of experience developing object-oriented software with a solid understanding of Java
- Experience designing, implementing, and testing cloud services and applications
- Experience in the development lifecycle of at least one large-scale server-side project (preferably SaaS or SaaS-like)
- Ability to understand issues of possible failures and recoveries, multi-node deployments, zero down-time development, etc.
- Knowledge of different data storage strategies, including the ability to analyze the pros & cons of different options
- Ability to understand and solve performance issues and constraints
- Understanding of scaling, throughput, and latency
- Enthusiasm for ensuring thorough automated test coverage for your own deliverables
- Excellent written & verbal communication skills
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced team-oriented environment
Experience and knowledge in the following technologies is a plus:
- Computer/Internet Security
- Cloud-based development (i.e. Azure/AWS Development)
- Relational databases (e.g. SQL Server, MySQL)
- Testing frameworks (JUnit 5, TestNG, Selenium, Selenium Grid)
- Spring Framework and Spring Boot
- Directories (e.g. Active Directory, OpenLDAP)
- UI development and frameworks (e.g. Bootstrap, Backbone, Angular)
- Development, build, and continuous integration tools (e.g. IntelliJ, Gradle, Jenkins)
- Agile software development processes and tools (e.g. JIRA, Git/Github)
RSA is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and applicants for employment and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at RSA are based on business needs, job requirements, and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, protected veteran status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. RSA will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training. All RSA employees are expected to support this policy and contribute to an environment of equal opportunity.
If you need reasonable accommodation during the application process, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org. All employees must be legally authorized to work in the US. RSA participates in E-Verify. RSA and its approved consultants will never ask you for a fee to process or consider your application for a career with RSA. RSA reserves the right to amend or withdraw any job posting at any time, including prior to the advertised closing date.Job ID: SECUR003107