RSA Principal Cloud Software Engineer
Primary Location: Bedford, Massachusetts
Additional Location(s): Bedford, Massachusetts
Principal Software Engineer
The RSA Security Software Engineering team delivers next-generation application enhancements and new products for a changing world. Working at the cutting edge, we design and develop software for platforms, peripherals, applications, and diagnostics — all with the most advanced technologies, tools, software engineering methodologies, and the collaboration of internal and external partners.
Join us as a Software Principal Engineer on one of our full-stack Cloud IAM feature development teams in Bedford, MA to do the best work of your career and make a profound social impact.
What you’ll achieve
As a Software Principal Engineer, you will be responsible for developing highly-scalable and reliable cloud-based applications and services, working with other engineers and technologists to build security solutions.
- Contribute to the design and architecture of high-quality, complex systems and software environments
- Prepare, review, and analyze software specifications
- Contribute to the development, test, and integration of code for new or existing software of significant complexity involving multiple teams
- Use Java and other technologies to write code and automation test scripts
- Contribute to the development, review, analysis, and implementation of test strategies for complex software products
- Code to acceptance criteria and perform unit and system testing.
- Work on a scrum team and participate in Agile practices for the development of tasks.
- Participate in code reviews of other developers
- Ensure projects are fully tested before being deployed
- Provide the review, analysis, and closed-loop corrective action for issues contributing to software defects and business process problem
- Present accurate project status to senior leadership, at both a summary and detailed level
Take the first step towards your dream career
Every RSA Security team member brings something unique to the table. Here’s what we are looking for with this role:
- 8+ years of combined software development experience with a bachelor’s degree; or 6+ years with a master’s degree
- Excellent programming skills inJava
- Experience designing and building scalable and high availability cloud-based applications and services (Azure and AWS)
- Strong Computer Science fundamentals in object-oriented design and data structures
- Strong communication, teamwork, and problem-solving skills
- Display creativity, influence, and going above and beyond attitude
- Ability to thrive in an agile and collaborative working environment
- Experience with Spring boot, Spring MVC
- Experience with MySQL and MS SQL databases
- Familiar with Git, Jenkins, IntelliJ, and Jira.
- Interested to learn or improve your security knowledge
- Working knowledge of a few multi-factor authentication architectures and tools including Active Directory, Azure AD, Single Sign-On, SAML, OAuth/OIDC, SCIM, and RBAC.
- Experience developing, documenting, and supporting REST APIs is preferred
- Experience with one or more other mid-level programming and scripting languages (Go, Python, Swift, Objective-C, Kotlin, C#, and C++)
- Experience with Continuous Integration and Continuous Deployment pipelines
- Experience designing identity protocols and authentication solutions is a plus
- Good understanding of software engineering techniques, methodologies, and practices
Here’s our story; now tell us yours
RSA oﬀers mission-driven security solutions that provide organizations with a uniﬁed approach to managing digital risk that hinges on integrated visibility, automated insights, and coordinated actions. RSA solutions are designed to eﬀectively detect and respond to advanced attacks; manage user access control; and reduce business risk, fraud, and cybercrime. RSA protects millions of users around the world and helps more than 90 percent of the Fortune 500 companies, and every branch of the U.S. federal government, thrive and continuously adapt to transformational change. For more information, go to rsa.com.
Application closing date: 4/1/2021
RSA is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at RSA are based on business needs, job requirements, and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. RSA will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. RSA encourages applicants of all ages.Job ID: R087780