RSA Governance & Lifecycle Principal Technical Support Engineer
Primary Location: Bedford, Massachusetts; Biddeford, Maine; Cumberland, Rhode Island; Arlington, Vermont; Seymour, Connecticut; Milford, New Hampshire
Are you currently an employee with RSA?
To view available job opportunities please login to UKG. Once in UKG go to Myself > My Company > View Opportunities.
We’ve made it easy for you to get started! Our new recruiting solution uses single sign-on, so you already have a presence (candidate record). Your presence is your chance to show your personality and skills, apply for jobs, and highlight all the qualifications that make you the perfect fit for that next big opportunity.
Don’t miss out on your next great job adventure!
RSA Governance & Lifecycle Principal Technical Support Engineer
RSA provides trusted identity and access management for 12,000 organizations around the world, managing 50 million identities and providing secure, convenient access to millions of users. RSA specializes in empowering security-first organizations in financial services, healthcare, energy, technology services, and other industries to thrive in a digital world with identity-first security, delivering complete capabilities for modern authentication, lifecycle management, and identity governance. Whether in the cloud or on-premises, RSA connects people with the digital resources they depend on everywhere they live, work and play. For more information, go to rsa.com.
For decades, RSA has pioneered many of the encryption, authentication and identity federation technologies that still power the Internet. And now RSA is transforming the industry yet again, paving the way for the future of digital identity through next-generation and hybrid cloud identity platform, the first ever and only multi-functional, passwordless hardware authenticator, and a frictionless, mobile-optimized experience for the modern workforce. If you are a self-motivated entrepreneur looking for a fast-paced challenge doing something that truly matters, come join our winning team!
Technical support representative is required to be knowledgeable of the relevant RSA product and help the customer to reach a satisfying solution to his issue. Technical support staff resolve clients or customers' technical issues via email and phone, and shared screen sessions.
The job may include remote implementation under certain conditions
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Manages own schedule of cases, which includes determining priority levels and negotiating and setting expectations with customers.
- Interfaces directly with customers at different stages of problem resolution process including understanding issues customers are facing, communicating plans for resolution, explaining developments, and conveying resolution.
- Participating in and leads conference calls with customers Knows their audience and articulate accordingly.
- Assesses when it is necessary to engage or escalate to more senior resources to resolve more complex issues.
- Reviews technical solution articles for accuracy and completeness and give feedback to the authors.
- Acts as a remote customer advocate to champion specific customer needs in collaboration with field team.
- Works toward becoming subject matter expert in a particular area or areas.
- Understands and uses sphere of influence extending outside of the department.
Participates in eServices content creation (self-service) and maintenance such as Chat, Knowledgebase content, Support forums, etc.; regularly submits content to the knowledge database
- Validates technical information and issues early warning notice and disseminates information as needed.
- As a 24X7X365 organization, shift work, holidays, weekends, and on-call responsibilities may be required.
- Mentors and/or coaches less experienced TSEs, Helps develop and participate in presentations and informal training for other TSEs.
- Applies systems analysis techniques and procedures to determine hardware or software systems functionality.
- Applies technical knowledge to analyze and use highly technical troubleshooting tools and content and analytical practices; uses operational and diagnostic procedures to diagnose and resolve issues in unique and often complex customer environments.
- Systematically gathers relevant information and analyzes a broad range of factors while working to diagnose and resolve issues.
- Determines which tool(s) to use to resolve issues including running tests and be able to identify when deviation from the available troubleshooting tools and documents is appropriate.
- Effectively communicates procedural and technical issues to internal and external customers in a fast paced and customer critical environment.
- Maintains a "closed-loop" communication style that ensures proper and consistent documentation in service request case notes; assuring all appropriate individuals are notified of ongoing issues and problem resolution status.
- Contributes and develops knowledge-based articles; may perform senior or expert level tasks for assigned products and skills; prepares articles for other TSEs and/or customers regarding technical solutions.
Skills & Requirements Non-Technical Skills:
- Excellent troubleshooting and customer support skills.
- Strong organizational skills – comfortable with managing and prioritizing customer caseloads.
- Ability to visualize, articulate, conceptualize, or solve both complex and straightforward problems by making decisions that are sensible given the available information.
- Ability to work well in a team environment.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Strongly prefer United States Citizens working from a location based in the United States.
Skills & Requirements Technical Skills:
- Hands-on experience of Unix/Linux system administration with strong command line knowledge.
- Proficient knowledge of network security to include firewall configuration and SSL-based secure communications, Proxy configuration & IPSEC VPN.
- Extensive knowledge of network fundamentals concepts to include routing, switching, VLANs & VPNS.
- Technical proficiency across windows platforms including Microsoft Windows Server, Microsoft Active Directory & Microsoft SQL Server.
- Strong knowledge of Relational (MySQL) and NoSQL (MongoDB) databases, Strong knowledge of Oracle RDBMS
- Extensive knowledge of IIS and Web Services.
- Strong knowledge of 0API, XML & JSON
- Bachelors in IT, Communications or Computer Science(Technical)
Years of experience 5+ years of relevant experience
RSA is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and applicants for employment and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at RSA are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, protected veteran status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. RSA will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training. All RSA employees are expected to support this policy and contribute to an environment of equal opportunity.
If you need a reasonable accommodation during the application process, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org. All employees must be legally authorized to work in the US. RSA participates in E-Verify. RSA and its approved consultants will never ask you for a fee to process or consider your application for a career with RSA. RSA reserves the right to amend or withdraw any job posting at any time, including prior to the advertised closing date.Job ID: SRADV004081