Outseer - Principal System Administrator
Primary Location: Bedford, Massachusetts
Additional Location(s): Bedford, Massachusetts
RSA oﬀers mission-driven security solutions that provide organizations with a uniﬁed approach to managing digital risk that hinges on integrated visibility, automated insights and coordinated actions. RSA solutions are designed to eﬀectively detect and respond to advanced attacks; manage user access control; and reduce business risk, fraud and cybercrime. RSA protects millions of users around the world and helps more than 90 percent of the Fortune 500 companies, and every branch of the U.S. federal government, thrive and continuously adapt to transformational change. For more information, go to rsa.com.
We are looking for a System Administrator to maintain, upgrade and manage our software, hardware and networks. Resourcefulness is a necessary skill in this role. You should be able to diagnose and resolve problems quickly. You should also have the patience to communicate with a variety of interdisciplinary teams and users. Your goal will be to ensure that our technology infrastructure runs smoothly and efficiently. As part of the team, you will design, deploy and administer on-premise and Cloud-based infrastructure in support of RSA’s Product Development and Software Infrastructure Services teams. You will collaborate with IT and InfoSec to provide our engineers with world-class development platforms and services while ensuring the protection of intellectual property.
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering, Computer Science or related field is required.
- RHCSA (RedHat), VCA (VMWare), CCNA (Cisco) or MCSA (Microsoft) Certification - advantage.
- Configuring and maintaining the networked computer system, including hardware, system software, and applications.
- Diagnosing and resolving hardware, software, networking, and system issues when they arise.
- Replacing and upgrading defective or outdated components when necessary.
- Monitoring system performance to ensure everything runs smoothly and securely.
- Researching and recommending new approaches to improve the networked computer system.
- Providing technical support when requested.
- Upgrade systems and processes as required for enhanced functionality and security issue resolution
- Documenting any processes which employees need to follow in order to successfully work within our computing system.
- 5+ years’ experience in system administration
- CentOS/Red Hat Linux & MS Windows
- VMware Virtualization - vSphere/vCloud/vCenter/vRealize
- Expertise with TCP/IP, DHCP, LDAP, DNS/Bind, NIS.
- Storage management experience (EMC)
- Understanding of networking concepts (firewalls, switches, routing, subnets)
- Installing, patching and maintaining of complex heterogeneous environments
- Scripting and automation experience (*shell, Ansible, Chef or Puppet)
- Patient and professional demeanor, with a can-do attitude.
- Ability to respond to help desk requests after hours on a limited basis
RSA is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at RSA are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. RSA will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. RSA encourages applicants of all ages.
Job ID: R103221