Advisor, Technical Support
Primary Location: Bedford, Massachusetts
Additional Location(s): Bedford, Massachusetts
Senior Technical Support Engineer
RSA offers mission-driven security solutions that provide organizations with a unified approach to managing digital risk that hinges on integrated visibility, automated insights and coordinated actions. RSA solutions are designed to effectively detect and respond to advanced attacks; manage user access control; and reduce business risk, fraud and cybercrime. RSA protects millions of users around the world and helps more than 90 percent of the Fortune 500 companies, and every branch of the U.S. federal government, thrive and continuously adapt to transformational change. For more information, go to rsa.com.
Join us as a Senior Engineer on our Product Services team to do the best work of your career and make a profound social impact.
What you’ll achieve
As a Senior Technical Support Engineer, you will resolve complex technical issues in a fast-paced, customer critical environment, working on improving processes, standards and strategies to perfect our Support Services.
• Take ownership of technically sophisticated customer-reported issues from web, phone, chat and email and work closely with the customer until complete resolution
• Document relevant information and ensure the customer is communicated with in a timely manner regarding the overall progress of their issue
• Resolve customer issues, working closely with the Engineering, SE and other multi-functional teams
• Provide qualified information to Engineering so they can improve product quality and reliability
• Make sure customers are treated with the highest degree of respect and drive operational excellence through quality closures
Take the first step towards your dream career
Every Dell Technologies team member brings something unique to the table. Here’s what we are looking for with this role:
• 5 to 8 years of experience in a technical support position
• Strong customer orientation, excellent phone etiquette and work ethic
• Extensive knowledge of infrastructure, client and cloud solutions
• Excellent communications skills and ability to work with calmness and composure under stress
• Bachelor’s degree
• Additional language required
Here’s our story; now tell us yours
Principal responsibilities and Duties
- Acts as a remote customer advocate to champion specific customer needs in collaboration with field team
- Interfaces directly with customers at different stages of problem resolution process including understanding issues customers are facing, communicating plans for resolution, explaining developments, and conveying resolution
- Participating in and leads conference calls with customers. Knows their audience and articulate accordingly
- Participates in eServices content creation (self-service) and maintenance such as Knowledgebase content, Support forums, etc.; regularly submits content to the knowledge database and participates in RSA Community discussion threads
- Validates technical information and issues early warning and disseminates information as needed. Assesses when it is necessary to engage or escalate to more senior resources to resolve more complex issues. May perform senior or expert level tasks for assigned products and skills
- Manages own schedule of cases, which includes determining priority levels and negotiating and setting expectations with customers. Maintains appropriate levels of proactive communication with customers based on case severity and priority
- As a 24x7x365 organization, shift work, holidays, weekends and on-call responsibilities may be required. Works toward becoming subject matter expert in a particular area or areas
- Applies systems analysis techniques and procedures to determine hardware or software systems functionality.
- Prepares articles for other TSEs and/or customers regarding technical solutions.
- Mentors and/or coaches less experienced TSEs, Helps develop and participate in presentations and informal training for other TSEs.
- Responsible for sharing all acquired knowledge concerning problem resolutions; leads efforts in facilitating problem re-creation and failure analysis systems level issues.
- Contributes to centralized problem identification and resolution databases;
Required Skills: 2.3.1 Non-Technical Skills
- 2+ years of relevant experience
- Excellent customer communication and handling skills. Excellent interpersonal skills. Excellent problem solving & logical thinking
- Ability to work under pressure. Ability to work within a Team. Flexibility in handling business needs
- Self-motivated and self-learner. Ability to work on rotational shift basis
- (Nice to have: experience with administering/managing SecurID)
- US Citizen
- Nice to Have: Bilingual English-Portuguese (Brazil) or Spanish speaker English-Spanish speaker (for Net-New req)
2.3.2 Technical Skills
- Excellent knowledge of information and network security fundamentals.
- SQL Language knowledge, Postgres knowledge
- LDAP Administration Experience: Active Directory, Oracle Directory Server, Open LDAP
- Experience with Active Directory Federation Services (ADFS)
- Admin-level knowledge of Linux, Network protocols and Web-based applications
- One or more of the below skills is a huge plus: Microsoft Internet Information Services (IIS) troubleshooting and/or administration
- OWA/Exchange configuration
- Experience in supporting applications deployed to cloud platforms (AWS, Azure)
- API or SDK troubleshooting and/or administration
- Storage Technologies troubleshooting and/or administration
- Knowledge of creating and deploying and managing VMware templates
- Hardware troubleshooting and/or administration (iDRAC, ILOM, RMM)
- CISSP, CEH, OSSP or similar security certification is a plus.
RSA is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at RSA are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. RSA will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. RSA encourages applicants of all ages.Job ID: R106466